27 Jun Formaldehyde-free chipboard?
Wood is glued with “wood
Previous chipboards are pressed on an industrial scale with adhesives containing formaldehyde.
In cooperation with VVB, MDF/HDF boards were produced with an adhesive formulation from renewable raw materials from the non-food sector.
The material is a modified LIGNIN and glues panels without the addition of formaldehyde.
Why LIGNIN- what is special about this material?
- The advantage is that it is produced as excess lignin during pulp production
- Lignin is NOT a staple food such as sugar
- By refining the lignin by modifying it into an adhesive
- A product is obtained that
- Environmentally sound
- “NON food” area
- Sustainable and
- Profitable and marketable
This development is patent pending at the German Patent Office
and at the European patent office a further patent is submitted.
It’s a genuine alternative for nature & economy.
Did we arouse your interest?